Rosemount city-wide cleanup and document shredding day set for May 18
The City of Rosemount will host its annual spring cleanup day from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 18, in the east parking lot at the Dakota County Technical College. This event is intended to allow participants to dispose of unwanted items that are not normally accepted by residential trash haulers.
Prices for disposal for some items are as follows:
• Intact automotive batteries — Free
• Construction and demolition debris — Free
• Fluorescent bulbs — $0.60-$4.35 depending on size and type
• Carpet — $2 per roll
• Appliances — $10 per item
• Computers/laptops — $15 per item
• Computer monitors — $30-$35 depending on size
• TVs — $25-$55 depending on size
• Tires — $8 per car tire or $15 per truck/tractor tire
• Mattresses and box springs — $20 per item
• Sofas/couches — $10 per item
• Other furniture — $5 per item
• Steel (clean) — Free
• Bicycles, exercise equipment and other light items — $2 per item
• Lawnmowers, snowblowers and other heavy items — $5 per item
• Solid waste/garbage — $5 per item or $10 per truck load
Rosemount will work with J. R.'s Advanced Recyclers for collection and disposal of electronic equipment and appliances. Anyone dropping off these items will pay J. R.'s directly. Participants at the event who wish to dispose of electronics or appliances along with other items for which there is a charge must pay J. R.'s and the City of Rosemount separately.
For a more complete list of items and disposal fees, visit www.ci.rosemount.mn.us. Only cash and checks are accepted. Items that are not accepted at this event include hazardous waste materials (paint, oil, solvents), compostable material and yard waste.
The event is for Rosemount residents only and is intended as a means to dispose of household quantities of items. A driver's license or other proof of residency will be required. Those with an unusually large amount of items to dispose of are asked to make special arrangements with a hauler.
Also on May 18, the city will partner with the Michelle Hoagland Group, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, to hold a shredding event at the spring cleanup day. Both events will take place in the east parking lot of the college. Participants are welcome to drop off unwanted personal papers or confidential files for shredding. The shredding will be done by Shred Right at no cost to participants. Participants can follow the signs to the shredding truck.
Dakota County Technical College is located at 1300 145th St. E., Rosemount.