Agriculture professionals, educators to speak at Dakota County Crops Day
FARMINGTON — For the 13th year, Crops Day will bring University of Minnesota Extension and agency specialists to Dakota County to share local research results and crop management strategies with producers and other agricultural professionals.
Crops Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, at Dakota Electric Association, 4300 220th St. W., Farmington. Registration will start at 8:30 a.m.
Topics this year will include corn nitrogen management, irrigation water management, cover crops and weed management. The event is free and open to the public. Lunch will be provided. Drop-ins are welcome, but pre-registration is requested for food-planning purposes.
To RSVP, contact Larisa at 651-480-7732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The events include:
• 4R Nitrogen for Corn Production — Jeff Vetsch, soil scientist, University of Minnesota, Waseca
• Irrigation Water Management: Methods and Tools — Vasudha Sharma, irrigation specialist, University of Minnesota, St. Paul
• What Weed, What Works, What Trait? Weed control strategies in corn & soybeans — Lisa Behnken, regional crops educator, University of Minnesota Extension
• 2018: Your Projects, Our Programs — Ashley Gallagher, resource conservationist, Dakota County Soil and Water Conservation District
• Feasibility of Perennial Crops in Dakota County — Gregg Johnson, associate professor, University of Minnesota, Waseca
• Energy conservation programs — Mike Plutowski, Dakota Electric Association
• Lunch with the experts and trade show
Crops Day is sponsored by Dakota Electric Association, Kimmes-Bauer Well Drilling, Southeast Irrigators Association, University of Minnesota Extension and Dakota County.