Weather Forecast


Public works adds online reporting

In an effort to provide more ways to report issues on city property the Rosemount Public Works department has added an online form to report things like potholes or graffiti. While the system is simple in nature, city staff hopes residents will use the form to report non-emergency issues to the city.

"It's a big city. If people can help us keep up with issues, all the better," said public works director Andy Brotzler.

Residents can use the online form to report issue such as potholes, vandalism to city property, playground maintenance and damage from snowplowing. Information collected will be converted for the department's internal tracking system so crews will quickly receive work orders and requests can be tracked for future reference.

Brotzler said the reporting system, which can be found on the city's web site under the public works link, is simple to use. Residents fill out a form that includes their name, e-mail address, home address, the location of the issue and what the issue is. The form also asks if residents would like city staff to follow up with them when addressing the issue. Brotzler said the addition of the online option is in keeping with the department's goal to be more accessible to residents. He added that it cost the city little to add and is an efficient way to receive reports.

While the online option is there Brotzler said the city will continue to take requests by phone as well especially if the concern needs immediate attention. Call the public works department at 651-322-2022 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to report concerns. For emergencies after business hours, call 911.

Emily Zimmer
Emily Zimmer has worked as a staff writer for the Rosemount Town Pages since 2007. She has a degree in journalism from Minnesota State University, Mankato. Outside of work, Emily enjoys running, reading and gardening. You can follow Emily's gardening adventures at the Areavoices blog East of Weedin'
(651) 460-6606