STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DAKOTA
FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Personal Injury
Court File No:19HA-CV-12-5810
Mariflor Cabral Garibay,
Carter Thomas Norman,
Defendant and Third-Party
Guillermo Portillo and Hector Sanchez, Third-Party Defendants.
DEFENDANT CARTER THOMAS
NORMAN'S THIRD-PARTY SUMMONS
TO: THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANT GUILLERMO PORTILLO, 1780 52nd STREET,
APARTMENT 116, INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, MN 55077-6602; THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANT HECTOR SANCHEZ, 1465 UPPER 55th STREET, APARTMENT 110, INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, MN 55077:
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. Defendant and Third-Party Plaintiff, Carter Thomas Norman started a lawsuit against you. The Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not be filed with the Court and there may be no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS.
Filed in First Judicial District Court on
12/19/2012 8:51:36 AM Dakota County
You must give or mail to the person who signed the Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received a Summons. You must give or send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at Arthur Chapman Kettering Smetak & Pikala, P.A., 500 Young Quinlan Building, 81 South Ninth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM OR ALLEGATION. The Answer is your written response to the Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each claim, allegation or paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Defendant and Third-Party Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT GIVE OR SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE OR ANSWER TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO HAS SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within the 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story and the Court may decide against you and award Defendant and Third-Party Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not respond, a Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from an attorney or lawyer. If you do not have an attorney or lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to this Complaint to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of General Practice. You must still give or send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative dispute means of resolving this dispute.
Dated: May 3,2012
ARTHUR, CHAPMAN, KETTERING,
SMETAK & PIKALA, P.A.
Eugene C. Shermoen, J (#183246)
Attorneys for Defendant and Third-Party Plaintiff Carter Thomas Norman
500 Young Quinlan Building
81 South Ninth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-3214
I hereby acknowledge that sanctions may be awarded pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 549.211, subd. 3, if the court determines that this document violates Minn. Stat. § 549.211, subd. 2.