Schedule set for K-Plus, magnet applicationsThe process of applying for enrollment in the three District 196 elementary magnet schools and Kindergarten Plus program for the 2012-13 school year has begun.
The process of applying for enrollment in the three District 196 elementary magnet schools and Kindergarten Plus program for the 2012-13 school year has begun. Information on both programs was mailed to the parents of next year’s incoming kindergarten students and application forms for both are available at all elementary schools, the district website and district office.
The following are important dates and events related to the application process:
• Jan. 3 and Jan. 5 – K-Plus/school choice information nights, 6:30-8 p.m.; Jan. 3 at Red Pine Elementary and Jan. 5 at Echo Park Elementary
• Week of Jan. 9 – Spotlight on Schools tours will be available by appointment at the 15 elementary schools and one-hour tours will be given at the three magnet schools at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 10 and 11
• Jan. 20, 4 p.m. – Deadline to submit magnet school and K-Plus applications
• Week of Feb. 6 – Parent notification of magnet school and K-Plus placements
• Feb. 29 and March 1 – Kindergarten registration
The district’s three elementary magnet schools are Cedar Park Elementary Science, Technology, Engineering and Math School in Apple Valley, Diamond Path Elementary School of International Studies in Apple Valley and Glacier Hills Elementary School of Arts and Science in Eagan.
For more information, go to District196.org/ MagnetSchools.
K-Plus is an optional, fee-based, full-day program that complements the district’s half-day kindergarten program. Morning and afternoon sessions are taught by a licensed kindergarten teacher, resulting in a cohesive, all-day experience for students. For more information, go to District196.org/ce or call 651-423-7933.