Fire claims home
A Rosemount family lost their home to a fire Dec. 26. The Rosemount Fire Department responded to a call at 2794 138th St. shortly after 1 p.m.
Fire marshal John Kendall said sparks from a fireplace ignited a nearby couch and the flames spread from there. The fire caused enough damage the manufactured home is a total loss, Kendall added.
The resident, who was not home when the fire started, made the call for help and tried to put the fire out. No one was injured in the incident. Kendall did not release the names of the homes occupants.