Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
The original St. John's Lutheran Church structure still stands just half a mile east of its original location on County Road 42.

A century of history

Email News Alerts

It was education, not necessarily worship, that inspired the construction of St. John's Lutheran Church.

The church, which marked its 100th year last month, was founded in 1911 by a group of 13 German immigrant families. The farm families had enrolled their children at a church school in Inver Grove Heights, but they wanted something closer.

Advertisement

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Advertisement